Saturday, July 12, 2008

Muddy Buddies or Puppy Chow

My first recipe!! WOohoooo....

Ok this is or favorite thing to have around the house to snack on, but be careful..it is addicting.

BTW..this maybe a real simple recipe, especially compared to Pioneer Woman's...but hey..I don't have time to cook huge meals, or the mouths to eat them. Not to mention, I don't think I'm that good. Here we go..

I apologize first the quality of some of the photos.  Turns out that my camera was set on close up.

First you need

100_0073

  • 9 cups of Chex
  • 1 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips(I add extra for good measure)
  • 1/2 cup of peanut butter
  • 4 tbs of butter or margarine
  • 1 tsp of vanilla
  • 1-1/2 cups of powdered sugar

Take the 9 cups of Chex and put in a large bowl. I used a large pan, because we have no large bowls.

100_0074

Take the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter/margarine

100_0075

And mix in a microwaveable bowl.  Nuke Place in microwave:

100_0077

Cook for 1 minute. Stir and cook for additional 30 seconds if needed to be able to pour over cereal. 

Add vanilla and mix.

100_0078 

100_0079

Pour mixture over cereal and mix well, evenly coating pieces.(Ok I gotta admit, that my pieces are not evenly coated).

100_0080

Ok I know this looks like something that came out of Amy Winehouses flat, but I assure you that it is powdered sugar in a bag.

100_0081

Add the cereal to the bag and mix.

100_0082

Pour everything out on wax paper so that the mix can set for a little while..

100_0084 

VOILA!  Puppy chow!

100_0087

Eat it up..but please remember I take no responsibility for any weight gain for any irresponsible consumption!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home