Top Reasons It's Hard Being a Single Mom...
I want to preface this by saying my mom helps out alot. When Im cleaning our room, I dont have to keep an eye on Sunrise the whole time. Her playroom is the dining room which is in direct view of the living room, so grandma(or affectionatly called memaw)can see her too. So in between my Sunrise checks, if there is a problem then memaw either deals with it...or yells for me to deal with it. But there are things Memaw doesnt want to do...because well, she is memaw and shouldnt have to.
- Money....need I say more?
- Getting someone to babysit when Memaw is working or is just too tired from working.
- After dinner messes! Having to be the only one responsible for cleaning up the mess when I am just to tired.
- Sick days(hers). When she gets sick, I am the one that has to take time off work to be with her. Such as the week she spent in the hospital with RSV, or the time she had rotovirus when she was only 3 months old...another week there.
- Sick days(Mine)...Ughhh how do you take care of a 2 year old hanging over the toilet from eating bad bologna.
- Sitting in ER alone with a child that has a 104 degree fever vomitting everywhere. Not to mention the loneliness of sitting there. Or someone to put their arms around you to say..it will be ok.
- Having someone there to keep an ear out while she is sleeping when you realize at 10:30 at night that you need to get milk, or bread..etc.
- When I wanna go right home after work, but have to go pick her up from daycare.
- Hearing people say "Oh you are a single mom, I am sorry".
- Having noone take a photo of you with your wonderful marvelous child.
- Having noone to give you an opinion on what to by, such as Christmas presents, clothing, etc.
- Noone to share the feeding duties or the cleaning up duties for that case.
- Sleeping in is MISSED!
- Having someone there when they told me that Sunrise might have downs when I was pregnant.
- The boring days in the hospital for a month prior to having her...noone to visit except Memaw..but she was exhausted all the time from all the work.
- Having someone there to say "This is Sunrises daddy".
That is all I can think of right now. As i typed it Im sitting here thinking, wow people will really think Im lazy and terrible....But Im not. I work hard at taking care of my daughter, it just gets a little overwhelming at times.
The next posts will be alot better. Next one will be the things I LOVE about being a mom. Then I will do the things I LOVE about being a SINGLE mom.
For now...much love