Sunday, May 10, 2009

I suck.....

Alternate title...Happy Mother's Day! (I'm trying to get that in because I know there is one person looking for an update..)

Yes I am still alive.  Things have been so freaking crazy that I really don't know what end is up.  I have no excuse for not writing, other than my face is plastered to Med Surg books and care plans.

So here I go again with an update...are you not sick of my updates?? I know I am!  And apparently so is my former sponsors who have dropped me from their list(for good reason!).

 

Last term was HELL!  I am not just saying that for me, I am saying that for everyone in the class.  It was the toughest one yet.  In fact, we lost 8 people from failing.  That is 8 out of 24!  Ummmm....1/3...33.33333333%.  So you can imagine how my life centered around school and all things medical.  But, I pulled through with a B, so that is all that counts, right?

This term is not as hard as far as learning (at least not yet), but we have projects coming out the anal canal that each of us has.  But the real bad part is...I have truly lost my drive.  I have lost ever give in me.  I need to find that drive back, but not sure how. I am working on that.

During my 1 week break from school, I took a vacation.  Yes...a bonified, fly in a plane vacation to the beach.  I had been in contact with a former..hmmm...how do I put this...friend with benefit.  We haven't seen each other in 7 years, so for those doing the math, he is NOT Brooke(yes I am just outing my daughter's name now) father.  I do not know how many times I have been asked this before we left, but I'm just going to get it out there.

Now...I'm probably going to get myself into trouble because he has read my blog once at least, but I will put a little bit about our vacation. 

Brooke & I flew to Wilmington NC for 4 days.  We spent 3 of these days at the beach, which I got the worse sunburn ever.  I ended up at the doctors back home because the pain and various colors was just not sitting well with my nursing instructor.  Thank goodness all that was required were steroid  creams and pain meds.  Today all is well with a little bit of left over skin shedding...I just LOVE to peel my skin. LOL

Our trip was far from relaxing.  I let Brooke run the beach as much as I could because I knew she was so in love with it...that I did not want to take that away from her.  Plus I knew that for the next 6 months left of school...she would not be doing a whole lot of getting out.  I did nothing but chase her and keep her from drowning under the waves.  She loved the beach...and the seashells. *sigh* I am glad she was happy but it exhausted me. 

100_0229 This was the first day at the beach.  The water was freezing, but my child didn't care.  Ummm yeah...which means I had to NOT care because I had to go in after her.

70 degree water is cold!

 

100_0248 

 100_0230 100_0233

She was a very good girl.  I was so worried how she was going to react to the plane ride, but she was a trooper....Never cried once or even got scared!  She got mad at me because she wanted to color during take off...but she got over it quickly.

Here she is at the Charlotte airport waiting for our connecting flight...what a great girl!

100_0252

 

 

 

 

I love her crooked smile.  She always has it when she is up to something!

 

 

 

So to answer anyone before asking...There is a reason is was a friend with benefit...and there was a reason for the former friend with benefits.  No romance, no sex, no love...so don't even ask.

I am going to update more...I promise...I need to just do it. LOL  Not to mention fix the code now.

Oh how I miss you all.  I have read all the engagments and new guys...You all are so lucky.  I hope everything and the best for you!!! I am off... I need to be on the psych floor by 7AM...(and no I am not being admitted......YET).

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home