Thursday, May 28, 2009

Told you so....

Yeah, so I took Brooke back to the dentist.  In a way I really was hoping for the melt down that happened so I could be vindicated, but I hated that my darling child had to go through this...but she HAD to. It's just a shame that the dentist is in some kind of denial, the same denial that I am in when I think that eating that huge piece of cake isn't really going to put any more fat on my hips.

We arrive at the office of horrors 30 minutes early, because I am the queen of being early.  Luckily Brooke didn't realize that we were just here the week before, or did she? After explaining to the receptionist on how to set the dvd to play, because obviously noone has ever watched DVD's there, we sat down and waited...and waited...and waited.

Finally they call Brooke's name. This is where you could see the fear rise from the tips of her piggies to the pig tails in her hair.  We walk back to the little room that they use for xrays.  Now, mind you she never really made into the chair the last time, so this time...I sit down they throw a vest that weighs 4 times as much as Brooke on me, throw one on her...and proceed to attempt to take the xray (On a side note...whatever happened to the question of "Is there any chance your pregnant? question.  I guess they can see the celibacy of a year and half written all over my face).  Now Brooke is kicking and screaming, it is taking all my might to hold on to her and calmly tell her that she was going to be ok, they were just going to take pictures of her teeth.  Nope, no how, no way was she going to let them! So what do they do?  They get what I am assuming is the master of dental heigenests (sleep escapes me to remember how to spell that) to come in.  I am thinking...great...she must work with kids real well.  Calm them down..keep them ok for the xray.  NOPE she is the masochist of all masochist.  She throws on an apron and grabs my child's chin and throws that little piece of plastic that tears into your gums into her mouth.  3 or 4 times.  Now...it happened so fast that I didn't realize just how rough she was, until we get out of the chair...and find my child's lips are BLEEDING!  YES BLEEDING! UGH!  So I'm fuming, but I just want this over with so I can hold my child and apologize.

Then they take us to "the room".  Now last time they had us in a room with 3 chairs, this time...I'm sure they thought "We have a screamer that is bleeding, we do not want anyone to see this!"  so they gave us our own little room.  While we waited for the dentist, Brooke started sorting through the little toys they give to the kids.  I told her she could have 2 since they were so mean to her. (Ok I didnt say since they were so mean...but I did tell her to take 2).

The dentist came in and said...YAY! She got the xrays done!  What a great job Brooke!  And all Brooke did was look at her like she was out of her mind.  So now...let's get her to sit in the chair.  NOPE NO WAY...but some how..they put her in the chair, tied her down while the dentist looked in her mouth, the hygienist held her hands down.  Brooke is screaming her freaking head off...but hey!  That works for the dentist as she poked around to see all the work that needed to be done.  They praised her for being such a good girl and helping them out by keeping her mouth open.  Ummmmm hello???? She was screaming..she wasn't doing you a favor (can ya tell I'm still pissed off about the xrays?). 

So they came to the SAME conclusion as last week...she needs to be sedated in order to do the repairs on her teeth that need to be done.  Um couldn't we have just skipped this step then?  Then being a stupid mom I ask her...so will they do a cleaning then too??  The dentist says to me...Now get this..this is the same woman who remembered Brooke from last week being noncompliant...and the same one who just had to deal with her screaming while trying to see what needed done "oh, we didn't clean her teeth?" UMMMM NO???? Have you been hitting that nitrous oxide yourself lady?   So we get Brooke back into the chair...screaming her head off again...and they start to clean her teeth.  Once Brooke tasted the toothpaste, she was chowing on it!  She kept closing her mouth just so she could taste it.  Then when they when to use that vacuum hose suction with the water...she was all about that...she loved having her tongue sucked (oh lord, this could be trouble when she grows up!)...but she was a trooper through all that.

Now...the dentist again tells Brooke how great she did!  And how she was such a big girl! Ummm hello...do you have ear plugs in? Then she tells Brooke to take a toy or 2 from the bin....Of course I didn't tell her about the 3 she stuffed in my purse while waiting.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home