Monday, January 04, 2010

Brooke's last day at daycare...

Brooke was in her daycare since she was 12 weeks old.  She is now going on 4 January 6th(my goodness where has time gone).  This made it very difficult for me when I dropped her off the other day for her last day.  I have state sanctioned daycare, and since I am done with school, I can no longer get the daycare sanctioned, so we had to say goodbye.

Since everyone has become a big part of our family, I/we made chocolate covered pretzels to give to the staff at the daycare.  After making a mess bunch of these treat bags, I took them in to the daycare and had Brooke pass them out to everyone. The first room we took them to was to the cook...then we dropped off to her current teacher.  Ok..no problem, we can do this.  We get back to the nursery where her first teacher, T, was working.  She gave Brooke a hug, and that was the end.  I ended up bawling.  Yes, I cried.   Why??  I felt like a fool. We took the bags to the other classrooms as I sobbed.  A few of the teachers looked at me like I was insane....

So to me it was an end.

I was going to enroll Brooke into Head Start.  I went in to ask about it, and maybe get a tour.  When I walked in the lady looks at me and says "You have to call central registration."  Umm ok...well can I get some information "You will have to call".  Ummm that did not go over well.  So I called central registration.  They registered her, and told me that they should not have acted like that and should have answered any questions I had, and given me a tour.  Ok...so I get home..and start thinking about it.  I don't think I want to do this now.  I got a feeling in the pit of my stomach, and decided I was not comfortable with this place, so I decided to keep her home with me.  When I get a job, I will reenroll her in the daycare she has been going to and that will be the end of that. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home