Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Customer Service....

I'm a HUGE person about customer service.  And Single Mom Finding Herself asked about customer service stories...so I told her I'd put one on my blog.

First, I must say that I had to make a call today to customer service for a video service that shall remain nameless.  They screwed up my cancel order 2 months ago, and I noticed again today that they had charged me another month.  I was very angry about this, because right now money is very tight for me, especially with my 2 upcoming trips.  I will give the original guy and his supervisor credit for not getting snotty with me, because I was not a pleasant phone call to say the least.  High fives and thank you for my credit...as long as I do get it!

Ok..but this recent one is still haunting me.  I received a call from a guy with a heavy Indian type accent(I wonder why they all have heavy Indian type accents).  Anyways..this is not word for word...but it was darn close

Guy: Hi this is Guy from XYZ collections company.  I am calling about the account you had with BMG.  It is in arrears for $100, how would you like to set this up for payment today?
Me: Uhhhh WHAT??? BMG??? I don't have BMG.

Guy: This is Dawn...correct?  Well you have an overdue account for $100.  We take check over the phone, mastercard, vis...

Me:(Cutting him off because he does not apparently understand English) I DO not have an account with BMG! Do you understand that?

Guy: Yes, you are saying you do not have an account with BMG.  This was from 2003.  You live at 123 Green St?

Me: Nope(though I did live there at one time, but certainly not in 2003)

Guy: Ok, well how would you like to clear this up today....We accept...

Me: HELLO?????  SPEAK ENGLISH???? I DO NOT HAVE BMG, AND DID NOT IN 2003! 

Guy: Are you saying you are not paying this bill??

Me: Yes Einstein, that is what I am saying(Ok...I didnt call him Einstein, but I wanted to).

Guy: Your name is on this account.

Me: Send me proof and I will check into it, but I am not paying this bill.(I must interject that my ex husband has set up accounts in my name for various thinks...Direct TV and Christian music to name 2)

Guy: OK you want proof? (Why does he always answer a question with a question?)

Me: Yes

Guy: Well, if this does not get resolved today, it will go on your credit report.

Me: If it goes on my credit report, I will be suing BMG, XYZ collections, and YOU.

Guy: Why don't you pay it?

Me: BECAUSE I DON'T OWE IT!

Guy: It will be reported.

Me: REPORT IT! I WILL SUE.  YOU CAN NOT REPORT IT WITHOUT PROVIDING ME PROOF! IF YOU DO I WILL SUE!

Guy: Fine <CLICK>

3 Weeks Later

Guy: Hi this is Guy with XYZ Collections company, I am calling about your account with BMG.

<sigh>

I hung up on him.  He continues to call.  One time, when I actually talked to him, he stated I would have to call BMG and get the proof from them.  Ummmm hello?? If they want their money...YOU call them and have them send it to me.  I called the number anyways...I get a very nice lady from BMG who states that they do not have records they are only the order taking at this number(read as...she is sitting at home in her bathrobe making money taking calls).

I give up...he continues to call me...I will continue to check my credit report...and Guy...whereever you are...You can go to hell!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home