Thursday, October 16, 2008

Let's Get Politcal, Politcal

I wanna get politicalllllllllll let me here your money talk...

Ok..song is over.

I HATE politics as I have already made clear, but how can one NOT think about politics this year?  Every damn thing you hear is about it.  So, I have been doing a lot of thinking.

I want to address somethings...but only with ONE rule..NONE of this has anything to do with anyone that I communicate with in anyway! I am not pointing fingers at anyone I know, either online or offline, unless I specifically say so. And another rule...(ok..I lied..2 rules).  ANY comments that I receive that are bashing in anyway towards anyone(whether be me or a commenter) will be deleted.  Debate is ok, but bashing is not. Ok..Everyone understand the rules?? Good.

First, my belief is that NEITHER candidate is living in this country or something.  They say that they care what is on the minds of the people(like Joe the plumber, who rumor has it, isn't even registered), but when it comes down to it...it is all about taxation.  I challenge either of these candidates to come sit at my table.  I will tell them what REALLY is on the mind of the poor, the single mother, the college student, the college graduate(because I am both a graduate and a student), the unemployed, the person that is scared.  It isn't about taxation or what they can do for me in the next 4 years..it is what they can do for me NOW.(Ok..maybe that isn't everyone...but it is for me!).  How in the world am I going to pay for gas to go to school when (notice..when..not if) the gas prices go back up, how am I going to get my child a good education, when I will be afraid for her to go to school, not to mention that teachers are teaching to test it seems anymore, or everything has to be so damned politically correct, how am I suppose to get the proper medical help with medicaid when they do not want to pay for specific tests that could solve all her medical problems.  Senator McCain, Senator Obama, knock on my door...I'll listen to you, and ask you questions, and tell you what I think.  Because I am one of those who is voting for Mickey Mouse this year, because NEITHER of you are worthy of my vote.

Second..what the hell is it with people who support a specific party? I mean really..I have only heard one occurrence of bad outburst from McCain's supporters, but tons from Obama's supporters. One guy in the area I live in, had a McCain sign in his yard.  He was standing outside doing yardwork, when a guy drove by screaming his head off with very rude and vulgar obscenities at the man because he supports McCain.  Another occurrence was where there were people carrying signs somewhere and people were standing around shouting vulgarities at them.(I guess this is on youtube??)  What the hell?? Is this what our country has come to??  There used to be a time when you could drive around with support stickers on your car, but now..you have to be worried about being run off the road because of them.  These, my friends, are future leaders in our country. (heavy sigh).

Now...on a less nasty note..I have found, that once someone has decided on who they like for whatever reason, instead of listening and thinking about what the opposing candidate has to say, the ears shut off!  I am so not like this.  I want to hear both sides of the story.  I mean really...is it possible that we are missing something important that the other person has to say?

Reporters piss me off.  Actually, not reporters specifically but the general media.  Many of them are endorsing candidates, which is fine...but why not quit trying to persuade others for supporting who they think.  Recently 2 Ohio newspapers have came out and said that they are supporting one of the candidates, umm why?  Come on...why can't our media be bipartisan?  Is it really that bad.  I will admit that the local(small town) newspaper has listed the issues that are going to be on our ballot.  I was impressed because, they provided the complete wording of the bill, an explanation of the bill, and then...they gave a column for supporters, and opponents to explain how they felt about that bill.  I LOVE IT!  This is the way it SHOULD be.  Let the people decide what they want to decide, without being swayed by the media. 

One last thing...debates.  Debates are a waste of time and money! Tell me what you are going to do, to make things better for me...dont tell me what the result is of what you are going to do.  Because I know, things are easier said then done.  Give me proof..give me insight...otherwise, don't waste my time. 

As a born and raised Republican, I would typically go for the lesser of the 2 evils and end up with McCain, but this time...I can't even do that.  I do have to admit that I thought it was hilarious at last nights debates that McCain called Obama out on many things.  Some people said they didn't care about these things, but I did.  If you are going to lie, or over exaggerate your plans...then you need to be called out.  If you say one thing and do another..you need to be called out.  Do it publicly, do it in front of the person, just don't make up a commercial that does it.  A coward will not confront his opponent face to face.  So there was no reason why these things shouldn't have been addressed.(I am not saying McCain is innocent!  He is just as guilty).

We really need to quit these games that both opponents are playing.  He said, she said, he did, she did.  I care about here, now, the future...not yesterday.  Although on a side note, I think it would be cool to have a lady as a VP.

BTW...if 250K/year is middle class..then I am in trouble when I get my nursing license, because I will be dirt poor...now how does that make sense?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home